Saturday, July 29, 2006

Let's make a movie

For those of you who do not know already, I am off on a summer adventure to help Mark Kalbskopf make a movie... a real-live, honest-to-goodness, feature-film, coming-to-a-theater-near-you movie. Now you might be thinking, "Tim, you don'’t know the first thing about making a movie." ” And I would have to respond with "“You'’re right. I write software and about all I do with movies is watch them." Still here I am helping my friend realize a dream.

I will be "on location"” near Chippenham, England assisting Mark with some of the technical aspects of shooting a romantic comedy about a young man coming of age while dealing with the culture clashes between the English and the Americans, and those with faith and those with no-faith. He will be shooting the film in a completely digital format (that is where I fit in so more to follow).

I will also take on the self appointed role of unofficial chronicler during the 3 weeks I am here. My intention is to record my observations about the whole process of what is happening on the shoot. I expect my blog entries will fall into two major categories: technical and personal. In the technical case I will be talking about the technical/logistic side of filmmaking. Inevitably this will be from a naive point-of-view since, as I mentioned above, I have never done this before. For my personal observations I might comment on any thing from differences in British and American cultures to my opinions about the business of shooting movies, or maybe the ever-popular dirt on the actors and actresses <smile/>.

One of the best things about this blog will be fact that it ends after 17 August (when I return home) so it's a pretty short commitment! Anyway if you are interested in following along I intend on updating this blog daily, so check back every now and then.

Lights... camera... action!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sweet! glad to see you'll be blogging. I'm looking forward to reading (ahead ot time) the "extra feature" content normally found only on the DVD release :-)

best of luck to you!

p.s. the camera sounds incredibly amazing... hope you have enough storage!!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home