Sunday, August 06, 2006

Thursday, 8/3 Shooting Right Hand Drive – Day 1

I am dumbstruck. Being on the set of a movie is a pretty heady experience. Watching everyone do their job is amazing. Things get done almost as if by magic. A dull, drab location is transformed in a matter of minutes to a be-flowered cheerful spot... evening is transformed into morning... Ed is transformed into Evan... and so it goes.

Not only am I dumbstruck by my first day on the shoot, but I am totally fried as well. I really need a good night’s sleep to be ready for tomorrow. We did not make our goal of all the scenes we wanted to do today, but most people seemed to think that was pretty normal for a first day while everyone gets used to one another and how the cast and crew work together.

Everything on my end worked well. The Silicon Imaging camera has a beautiful picture stunning in many respects. We did see some problems with what we have called “ghosting”. This is where there is a high contrast area with bright on the left and dark on the left. When this happens the white tends to bleed or spill over into the dark area. This is really a shame since otherwise the images we are getting are gorgeous. Silicon Imaging knows about this problem and believes that it will be fixed in subsequent versions of the camera.

Here is a photo of where I am spending most of my time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home