Sunday, August 13, 2006

Up Close and Personal - Costume

I have decided that I am going to do a selected set of profiles on a number of the cast and crew working on Right Hand Drive. I am going to start with the Costume Department

Nikkie tickles my funny-bone with her antics. She does costumes but she is an acting tour-de-force in her own right. She does an Eliza Doolittle that puts me in stitches. I am trying to learn to speak with that particular Essex accent that she has, but I fear I am not the pupil that can do her justice and she quickly tags me as a hopeless case (as far as speaking goes). Here is a quote from Nikkie about growing old "Better another birthday than being dead." I keep seeming to stumble over social/cultural faux-pas whenever I am around her.

Fatima works with Nikkie to get all those costumes just right. As with so many of the crew she is a tireless worker and she always seems to have a big smile on her face (except when I try to take her picture). The finishing touches on costumes like Evan's PJs or Aunt Ivy's hats are absolutely wonderful (or as they say here 'Brilliant'). She is very shy of the camera and will probably have me assassinated when/if she sees the picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikkie said...

why are all the pictures of me assossiated with this film U.G.L.Y????

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home